Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

 


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. 
Anyone can play along!  


Just do the following:

1.                 Grab your current read
2.                 Open to a random page
3.                 Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
4.                 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5.                 Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Scarred for Life

Scarred for Life by Fredric A. Almond, Sr.

(this is a true story by the way)



He kneeled down, came about two inches from my face, took his knife, and cut me on my face to see if I was dead or alive.  He probably thought that if I were alive then I would have moved, made a noise, or done something that would cause for him to react to finish me off until I would eventually die.  However, I stared right into his eyes without a flinch.  I didn't have time to be afraid; I had to be bold for life. 
 P. 42



© 2011, Cheryl of Black Diamond's Book Reviews. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Black Diamond's Book ReviewsUrban Image Magazine, or Cheryl's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting Teaer!! Thanks for sharing, here's mine:

    http://madamedsboudoir.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-teaser-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I remember that!!! I reviewed Fredric book also. It is a great testimony. A wonderful spiritual book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great teaser indeed.

    I'm a new follower. I found you when googling for Jean Holloway's new book, I enjoy her series also and didn't know she had a new one, glad to have found you.

    Thrillers are my favourite genre, here is my blog if interested. http://www.teawithmarce.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teaser...could you imagine having to do that to live/????

    ReplyDelete