Sunday, May 16, 2010

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth, M.D.


I pretty much just skimmed through this book. A lot of it is advice for younger children. My 1 (almost 2) year old is a perfect sleeper. She acts tired, I put her in for a nap. She goes to bed at 8:00 at night, no fuss. My 8 year old is a different story. That is the main reason for reading this book. What I got from this pretty much is that if she can't fall asleep and never slept very good, she may need to seek a child psychologist (p.359). I am currently seeing a psychologist who says that my daughter's problem is lack of attention, so we are trying a different approach. I put the baby to bed first (which I hadn't been doing before). I read to my 8 year old and spend time with her for a 1/2 hour after my 1 year old goes to bed. I go in her bed and tickle her back and tell her stories that I make up. It is working better than anything else I have tried and her attitude has gotten way better.
I gave this a 2 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great with her Cheryl...keep up the routine and before you know it she'll be flying right!

    ReplyDelete