Friday, September 3, 2010

Review of Ace of Hearts by Jean Holloway


Ace of Hearts (DECK of CARDZ, #1)

by Jean Holloway

From Goodreads:
Something sinister is going on... And Love has nothing to do with it. First he seduces them... Then he kills them... What he does next is unspeakable. Detective Shevaughn Robinson gets her first big case, investigating a series of gruesome murders unaware the killer is not only becoming obsessed with death, but also with her.
Paperback, 252 pages
Published July 3rd 2007 by Firefly Publishing & Entertainment

My thoughts:
Well, I found this author on Goodreads. I could not get this book from MELCAT so I went ahead and bought it. I am so glad I did. Once I started reading this book, it was hard for me to put it down when I had to! It was full of murder, suspense, and sex.

Detective Shevaughn Robinson was really a character that I felt like I got to know. She was on the case of the murders and really had a hard time with the gore on the scene of the first murder. Also in the book is Tony O'Brien. He is a reporter for NBS news and he wanted to do a story on Shevaughn since she was a female cop who was a minority. They ended up hanging out quite a bit, but Shevaughn wanted to take it slow with him.

The killer is a really sick person, but he is leading up to something big. I was really surprised by how this book ended, and can't wait to read the next book in this series to see what happens!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the 5 star review, Cheryl. I find that readers either love or hate me, glad your in the 1st group. I promise I'll look into getting my novels on MELCAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think you this one was hot... check out Black Jack.

    Deuces Wild - 10/10/10!!!!


    tljames

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, I am so glad you checked out my blog and I love your writing! TL James, I will be checking out Black Jack for sure too!

    ReplyDelete