- WW28 A chance to showcase your favourite!
- First you grab our Wicked Wednesday pic.
- Then you grab a book. Turn to page 28. Take the first sentence.
- And then you post it in your site with a link back to WW28.
- Come back to Cherry Mischievous - WW28 and give us the url of your post (in a comment at a WW28 post) so that other WW28 readers can find your WW28 offering.
Here is mine:
The book that I picked is:
Darling Jim by Christian Moore
Just then, daylight came up in the shape of a pale streak of sunlight attempting to carry the entire horizon of gray clouds on its lonesome shoulders, but it was quickly overwhelmed, as if concrete made it wither and die on contact. Darkness fell on the tiny flat that was as solid as the blackest night. Niall turned on all the lamps he had and drew his puffa jacket tighter against the cold, because the heating had conked out again. He ran his fingers across the first sentences of Fiona Walsh's story and began to read. Niall was firming in her grasp already, and knew he wouldn't move until he'd reached the last page.
At the top of the page, she had written:
Dear unknown good friend. Please listen to me. I'm right here, and my time is short. To you I bequeath my story and all my tomorrows, for we will be dead soon. We'll die in this house because we loved a man named Jim without knowing his true nature. Listen carefully as I tell you what happened.