Thursday, November 10, 2011

Author Hans Lindor to Give Motivational Speech - posted November 10, 2011

The CHESS (The Center for Health Education and Social Services) organization is holding its fourth annual Community Awareness Day
Nov. 12

at Indian River State College
Please see this article in the TC Palm News: http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/nov/09/anthony-westbury-battered-yes-but-the-american/ to find out more.
Author Hans Lindor will be speaking at this event!







When I read his book "I Am Going Where I Belong". I was sure I was reading his memoir. I was surprised to find out that it's 90 percent fiction! His book is so motivational. I mean Hans is a guy to lived in Haiti only to have his mother and brother killed. He really overcame a lot in his life and has become very successful!

"My message will be how to stay away from guns and violence, that it's possible to pursue your dreams and never give up," Lindor said in a telephone interview.



IF YOU GO

What: Community Health Awareness Day

When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Nov. 12

Where: Tomeu Center for Career & Academic Advancement (Building C), Indian River State College, 3209 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce

Information: Paul Sanchez at psanchez@irsc.edu or 772-462-7411; or Adeline Despinos at scorpio641@yahoo.com or 772-708-6502.

© 2011, Cheryl of Black Diamonds Book Reviews . All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, blackdiamondsbookrev.fatcow.com , Urban Image Magazine, or Cheryl's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment