Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reviews - All my books from Dewey's Read-A-Thon


Making Toast by Roger Rosenblatt - 166 pages
This was my first book in Dewey's Read-A-Thon! This was a very good memoir. It's great that Roger Rosenblatt was able to capture so many memories of his daughter that died. She left a husband and two kids. Roger and his wife moved in with them and really helped them out a lot. I am glad I read this book and give it 4 out of 5 stars!


The Haunting by Joan Lowery Nixon - 184 pages
This is the second book that I read on Dewey's Read-A-Thon. I got through this one the quickest. This was a great book and I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.

Lia's grandmother passed away and left a house called Graymoss to Lia's mother. Lia's mother wants to move in and adopt a bunch of kids and they can all live there. The only problem is that it is possessed. Lia looked for clues in her great, great grandmother's diary and an old copy of Favorite Tales of Edgar Allan Poe to try to figure out who or what is haunting the house.

Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti - 209 pages
My friend Staci from Life in the Thumb let me borrow this book, and I am glad she did. This was my 3rd book for the Dewey's Read-A-Thon.


Benny and Shrimp met at the cemetary. Shrimp is a librarian who lost her husband. Benny is a milk farmer. The chapters would go back and forth between Benny and Shrimp's point of view. They seemed like such opposites, but they had such great times together. They are so attracted to each other, but sometimes they spend time apart and think that is it. It is interesting to find out whether or not they end up together or if they are just too different for each other.


Riding Wild by Jaci Burton - 278 pages (read 114 pages during the Read-A-Thon)

Will Post Review when I finish the book.


Total Pages Read for the Read-A-Thon: 673

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this post - I like how you did the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sounds like some good ones for the readathon. It seems like there was one by Nixon that I wanted to read. I'll have to check into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the readathon! I would like to read Making Toast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,well-done for reading so much! It's much more than I managed!

    Thanks for cheering for me on the read-a-thon! Looking forward to many more reviews, read-a-thons and book-related extravaganzas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this mini review of the books that you read during the RAT!! You blew my doors off with the reading and the amount of time you stayed up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to hear your reads were good ones for the readathon.

    btw: you've been awarded ;-D
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

    ReplyDelete