Thursday, April 1, 2010

Review - Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely


I really liked this book! It's about a lady named Isabel who decided to be an organ donor. Her husband reluctantly signed her card, thinking it would never see the light of day. A few months later, she is riding her bike and it's windy and she goes a little too far out into the road and is hit and killed. Her husband does what she wanted and donates her organs, but this book is mostly about the donation of her heart. The person who receives the heart wants to get in contact with the husband and mother of Isabel. Isabel's husband and mother get together often and try to cope with their loss. Isabel's mother wants to meet the lady to received the heart, but the husband, Alex, doesn't want anything to do with her. I didn't get this book read very fast, but I really felt like I knew the characters. I would recommend this book.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds like a great read!!! I loved your thoughts on it..reminds me of that movie, "Return to Me." Have you ever seen that one???

    ReplyDelete