Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Musings


This week’s musing asks… 


How do you react to the “book police”? (people who judge what you are reading, and try to make you feel guilty) Do you respond to their judgements? Or, do you keep quiet? Do you let what they say influence your reading, or do you do your own thing, regardless?


Eye for an Eye by Dwayne S. Joseph
This was the first picture that I took of myself reading a book and posted it to my Facebook page

 Southern Comfort by Cynnamon Foster
(this was one of the sexiest covers I posted on my Facebook profile pictures!)


My answer to this: 

I don't really care what people think of what I am reading and I don't keep it quiet.

I usually post pictures of myself reading my current book on my Facebook page.   I started doing that with the picture I posted above with Eye for An Eye by Dwayne S. Joseph.  I know some of the covers are kinda sexy or whatever (like my second picture!), but it's what I'm reading.   The only people I have as friends on Facebook are adults.   If someone doesn't like my pictures or postings, they can delete me or block me.    It would be too bad though to have someone judge me based on the book I am reading.

I have a lot of author friends on Facebook, and I love to be able to show what I am reading and have gotten a lot of positive comments on what I do.  Everyone has a right to read whatever they want and shouldn't be judged by what they read.  I don't judge people by what they read.

3 comments:

  1. Amen girl
    Why should people care what you are reading? Are they paying it for it? no! and like you said we are all adults here...take the High School foolishness elsewhere because it's not welcomed. Keep posting your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is entitled to their individual reading pleasure. If someone doesn't like what you're reading, so what! You're posting on YOUR page, and you're sharing/exposing the works of authors to readers, which is a great thing for the literary community, period! If an reader discovers a book it's helpful to share it with others and that's what you're doing. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thornedbeauty - Thanks, I will keep posting my pics!

    Trice - Thanks! I am hoping to find you and the other authors I like some new readers!

    ReplyDelete