Saturday, January 22, 2011

Book Review - Nina's Got a Secret by Brian W. Smith

Published: December 1, 2008
Publisher:  Hollygrove Publishing
Pages: 192
Genre: Contemporary Fiction

Yes, this definitely does meet my standards Brian!

Larry is from San Diego, California.   He lost his wife Deidra to Brian cancer.  They have an Autistic daughter named Chrissy.   On the same day, Nina, a stripper from New Orleans, Louisiana. lost her boyfriend Flip in a drive by shooting. They have a baby named Precious.

Larry and Nina met at the strip club, and then they get married.  Larry's best man Terry was thinking that this marriage was not for the best and asked Larry if he was sure, and he said he was.  Nina's friend Val kept asking her the same thing.  Val said:

"Nina, you know damn well you ain't lookin' forward to being the biggest nigga in the bed.  Besides, you already admitted that you aren't physically attracted to him.  He's older than you. You've already admitted that he's got a little dick and he doesn't eat pussy.  So I can only conclude that you're about to marry this man because he has money." p17
Nina thinks she will grow to love Larry.


Nina seems so ungrateful.  I mean she marries this rich man with a hug ehouse, and she wasn't happy because their daughters would be sharing rooms.  She wanted  her daughter Precious to have her own room.  Plus, Larry's daughter was handicapped, so that was another problem.

Of course, something happened to make Nina have a secret. You will have to read the book to see what it was.  I was surprised about how her friend Val treated this information.

My favorite character is Larry.  He is just such a good guy.  He would do anything for anybody and was a real gentleman.  Nina, on the other hand....well....just read the book to find out what you think about Nina and her secret.

I was very surprised at the ending.  I like how it ended, but I thought it would go the other way from what it did.

I highly recommend this book!  This is the first book that I've read by Brian W. Smith, and can't wait to read the other two that he sent to me! 


I gave this book 5 out of 5 diamonds

Nina's Got A Secret
Thank you to Brian W. Smith for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.  
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.

1 comment:

  1. You're really getting good at this Cheryl! Love the UrbanImage review!!

    ReplyDelete