Sunday, March 21, 2010

Review - Kisscut by Karin Slaughter


This story began at a roller rink. A teenage girl (Jenny) came out of the bathroom with blood on her, and Sara (pediatrian) who was at the roller rink went in and found a fetus in the bathroom that was mutilated. Meanwhile, the girl went out in the parking lot and pointed a gun at a boy named Mark. Jeffrey (Sara's ex-husband) and police officer, tried to get her to drop the gun, but he ended up having to kill her. The book goes on to explore why Jenny was trying to kill Mark, and who the baby belonged to that was found in the bathroom.
Many people were discovered in this book that were invovled in child abuse, many children were involved, and the end is shocking in who ends up being involved.
This book took me long time to read. I would stop and start again and be reading and have to go back and try to get back into the story. I kept having to flip back and figure out the characters and I just had a hard time keeping track. I know a lot of people really liked this book, but I just had a hard time when I stopped reading it trying to get back into what I was reading. I almost thought of just not finishing it, but I finished it. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment