Tuesday, December 1, 2009

REVIEW: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead




Excerpt from RichelleMead.com:

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires--the ones who never die.

The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir; she is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.

After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking hearts.

Fear made Lissa and Rose run away from St. Vladimir's--but their world is fraught with danger both inside and out of the Academy's iron gates. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals and their secretive nature and love of the night creates an enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever...

My thoughts:
I picked up this book at Meijer at 3:00 in the morning on Black Friday. I read it while waiting in line for an item. I read the first 82 pages in an hour and a half and loved every minute of it.

Rose was so in tune with Lissa. They were best friends and Rose always looked after Lissa. They had such a close bond. They had been in an accident previously and something happened that bound them together. Since Rose wants to be the best guardian to Lissa that she can be, she receives a lot of training by Dimitri at the Academy, who is a Russian and 7 years older than her. Rose was very attracted to Dimitri, but was she attracted to him or did someone else win her affection? You will just have to read the book to find out.

Also, there was someone pulling pranks on Rose, what were these pranks and who was doing this to her. Will you find out? Just read the book!

This was a quick read and I can't wait to read the next.

P.S. I finally figured out how to format my post better. Thank you to Elizabeth, my 18 month old! She got up to the computer and started pushing all these buttons and I found the screen where I can "compose" my post.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review Girl and I love that you stood in line and read to pass the time!!!

    Your P.S. cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Eventually maybe I will get as good as you doing reviews--but I doubt it. Amazing what kids can teach us isn't it.

    ReplyDelete