Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blog Award

I am a Blog Award Winner!

I won the IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD from Sidne at http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

You are supposed to tag the picture, place it on your blog, acknowledge with a thank you the person that presented the award to you. tell seven things about your self and then select 15 other bloggers that you feel are deserving of this award also.

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIDNE!  I really appreciate that you sent me this award.  I am so glad that you are my friend!

Seven things about myself
1.  I love to read (obviously), but I love it so much that I will sacrifice any amount of my sleeping time to say up and read a book.  I average about 5 hours sleep a night.  I read EVERY NIGHT before I go to sleep.  I read until I can't keep my eyes open.  I also have the TV on for sound.

2.  This year my husband and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary!  

3.  One thing on my bucket list is to swim with dolphins.  I think they are so amazing!  Today my husband promised he will take me!  We are going to renew our vows and take a second honeymoon.  Not sure when, but within the next few years hopefully!  

4.  I have three tattoos.  I have dolphins around my ankle (my first one-because I love dolphins) which I got about 15 years ago (I think). The second, which I got last summer, is butterflies with the names of me and my 2 daughters and a dragonfly with my husband's name on my back. I got the tattoo done twice.  I had gone to the tanner (DUMB) just before I got my tattoo and got burned really bad.  After I got my tattoo, some of the color peeled off.  I had to go later and get it redone!    The weird thing is I got my dolphin tattoo done twice too.  The first time I just didn't seem dark enough and peeled.  I went back to the tattoo shop and they blew me off.  I ended up going to Fast Freddy in Port Huron, MI to get it redone.  He did a great job.  He has since passed away.  The third tattoo is the battle mark from the Vampire Academy books.  I got that last summer as well.  I loved that series and thought that would be a great tattoo. It's on the back of my neck.  I really wanted something to signify my love of books, so I thought it was perfect!   The most painful tattoos were the ones on my back (on the spine).  It took an hour but hurt like heck!  Even though it hurt, I can say that I wouldn't be against getting another tattoo.  My 2nd and 3rd tattoos were done by my cousin Nicole.  She is an awesome tattoo artist!

5.  I am a pretty quiet person and express myself so much better in writing!

6.  I usually change either my haircut or style ever time I get my hair cut!

7.  I almost went to beauty school.  I was all signed up, but I changed my mind at the last minute and went to school to be a legal administrative assistant instead.  My high school counselor seemed to think that going to school to cut hair was dumb.  He didn't say that in those words, but I got the message loud and clear.  Plus, since I am a quiet person, I was worried about cutting hair and trying to strike up a conversation.  Also, I have allergies and thought all that hair flying around would really bother my allergies.  I worked as a legal secretary for about 10 years.  Now I am a middle school secretary and love it! 

2 comments:

  1. 17 years, that is so wonderful. I had that desire to also to swim with a dolphin and the close i came was standing next to one in the water. i always wanted to become a trainer. I so love dolphins. I collect all kind of dolphin things. i will have to send a pic of some of my collecting items. I express myself better in writing also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect dolphin things too! Yes, I would love to see pictures of your collection!

    ReplyDelete