Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review of Unexpected Interruptions by Trice Hickman

Unexpected Interruptions

What happens when a young woman finds herself falling for two men--one black, one white, both determined in their pursuit for her affections?...Love, passion, drama and secrets are just the beginning!
Paperback, 310 pages
Published November 1st 2007 by Platinum Books (first published 2007) 
My thoughts:
Victoria is described as a tall African American woman.  She is the senior director at Via Tech.  Her boss Ted seems like a really great guy and her friends thinks he wants her, but he is white.    She has never dated a white man before.  She is lonely and just wants a man.

Victoria went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory alone and sees "Mr. Gorgeous", but he isn't alone.  Victoria falls and "Mr. Gorgeous" helps her and seems to have some interest in her.  She hopes she gets to see him around again.

Victoria then goes to pray that god sends her a man and sends him fast, but she says it twice.

She ends up bumping into "Mr. Gorgeous" again and finds out he is a surgeon.  His name is Parker.  She has quite the decision to make.  Does she hold on to Parker, the African American surgeon, or does she go for Ted who is also her boss and a white man?

What I liked about this book:

  1. This is the second book that I have read by Trice Hickman and I love her writing! 
  2. Victoria just seemed like such a nice lady and deserves a great man.
  3. I just felt so comfortable while reading this book like I really could picture the story unfolding. 
  4. This book was not at all slow or boring to me like books can sometimes get.  I never found myself drifting off at all while reading this book.
  5. I received this book from the author, and she autographed it!  (That in no way influences my review).  Trice just seems like such a sweet lady.  She is my friend on Facebook and I would really love to meet her in person some day!

What I didn't like:
There was nothing about this book that I didn't like.  I liked every bit of it!

5/5 diamonds
Loved this book - Go Out and Buy This One!

Disclaimer: Thank you to Trice Hickman for sending me an autographed review copy. I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist. They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.

© 2011, Cheryl of Black Diamond's Book Reviews. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Black Diamond's Book Reviews, Urban Image Magazine, or Cheryl's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review...this may be one that I will have to borrow from you and read next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover! And I totally get the "she needs a nice man" thing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete