Friday, October 1, 2010

Review of Casanegra by Blair Underwood with Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes




Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Story
by Blair Underwood, Steven Barnes, Tananarive Due


From Goodreads:
In this hot and steamy mystery, Tennyson is an actor struggling to hang on to his career and redeem his sex-for-pay history that estranged him from his family---especially his father, a decorated LAPD captain who raised Tennyson to call him "sir." Now, in the wake of his father's sudden stroke, Tennyson has to save himself from taking the fall for a murder. In th ...more In this hot and steamy mystery, Tennyson is an actor struggling to hang on to his career and redeem his sex-for-pay history that estranged him from his family---especially his father, a decorated LAPD captain who raised Tennyson to call him "sir." Now, in the wake of his father's sudden stroke, Tennyson has to save himself from taking the fall for a murder. In the process he discovers his hidden talents---the hard way.
Hardcover, 320 pages
Published June 19th 2007 by Atria (first published 2007)

My thoughts:

AWESOME BOOK!

Tennyson Hardwick used to be in the sex for pay business, but is not in that anymore. He hooked up with a rapper named Serena who he knew from his past. He was really looking forward to spending more time with her, then she is murdered and he is a suspect. That happens right in the beginning of the book. He is determined to find out who did this.

I could really imagine this book being made into a movie. I see Tennyson as a very hot and sexy man. This book has some steamy sex scenes! The characters really came alive for me and I really got immersed in this book. I really liked Tennyson, but really his character got me when it came to 14 year old Chela. Not everyone would have done what he did for her and it really showed how much of a caring man he is.

I am really glad I read this book. It was very action packed and really held my interest. I definitely want to read the next book!

5 out of 5 stars!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is this the actor Blair Underwood??? Sounds like a great read. One of these days I'm going to have to read one of these!

    ReplyDelete