Friday, April 9, 2010

Library Loot - April 9, 2010

Angry Fat Girls, 5 women, 500 pounds, and a year of losing it again by Frances Kuffel.
There isn't a picture of this book on Goodreads, but it caught my eye while at the library today, so I picked it up.





Making Toast by Roger Rosenblatt.
I picked this up while browsing in the library today. It's a memoir telling how grandparents are made over into parents, how people die out of order, how time goes backward. After reading the memoir I just read, I am not afraid to read another one.






Love in Mid Air by Kim Wright
This is another book I picked up today while browsing. It sounded like a book that I had on my to read list, and sure enough it is.



From Goodreads: A chance encounter with a stranger in an airplane sends Elyse Bearden into an emotional tailspin. Suddenly, Elyse is willing to risk everything: her safe but stale marriage, her seemingly perfect life in an affluent Southern suburb, and her position in the church. As Elyse embarks on a risky affair, her longtime friend Kelly and the other women in their book club begin to question their own decisions about love, sex, marriage, and freedom. In the end it will take an extraordinary leap of faith for Elyse to find--and follow--her own path to happiness.


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

I have been wanting to read this book, so I finally decided to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment