Monday, March 8, 2010

Review: The One Day Way by Chantel Hobbs


There are a lot of diet books on the shelves, but this is the first one I have read where it is stressed to just take one day at a time. Just stick to a plan and count calories today. If you mess up, don't worry. Tomorrow is a brand new day and you can get it right tomorrow.

The one thing in this book that I didn't agree with is fasting for a day. I was going to try it but got talked out of it. It was good in a way that I was going to try it, because it made me really savor what I did eat (which was very healthy too).

Chantel tells you to challenge yourself and instead of (in my case) eating a candy bar or two every day like usual, instead of doing that go for a walk to take your mind off it somehow. Also, the first few bites that you take of something are the best and after that, you are just eating because something is in front of you. Don't just eat something out of habit.

Food is necessary for survival, which is why it's one of the most
difficult addictions to control. The fear of not having enough food makes humans and animals do unthinkable things to protect their supply. P103


Another part of this book is something that I heard before and need to keep in the back of my mind at all times. Its the fact that we need to learn to eat to live and not live to eat! Food is fuel and not the meaning of Life.
Also, sometimes it's better to eat the same thing from day to day. It's easier to count your calories and being bored with food robs food of its emotional power over you.
It's ironic that we have all these gadgets designed to save time and make our lives easier, and because of them, we now have to schedule sweating! P144
If you are looking for a new view on losing weight, this book is for you! I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
My friend Staci from Life In the Thumb let me borrow this book, and I am so glad that she did! Thanks Staci!

1 comment:

  1. cheryl,
    Your review was fantastic!! Thanks for pointing out the important things again to me!!!

    ReplyDelete